Celebrating Outstanding Women Leaders
The Outstanding Women Leaders Awards was implemented in 1997 to support and acknowledge women who start their own businesses or excel in the business community. The event gives tribute to top achievers among women entrepreneurs and corporate leaders who have advanced the status of entrepreneurial excellence and community leadership.
Thanks to all members & guests who attended this year’s awards gala. A portion of this year’s proceeds will be donated to Women’s Empowerment. Next year’s nominations open in July and the 13th annual event is scheduled for Thursday, October 21, 2010. Save the date!
Congratulations to all our Outstanding Women Leaders nominees and recipients (bolded)! Thanks to all who submitted nominations for the awards. The National Association of Women Business Owners, Sacramento chapter, was proud to honor these accomplished leaders of the Sacramento Valley business community:
CORPORATE PARTNER OF THE YEAR
WOMAN ON THE WAY
Recognizing exceptional promise by a woman in business less than five years
- Lakota Verberne, Roni Deutch Tax Centers franchisee, Lakota’s Tickets, Amsterdam Woodworks
- Gina Andrews, Sacramento Breast Cancer Resource Center
Successful ownership in a non-traditional business
- Karen Hart, M.D., Hart Medical Services
- Ricki Townsend, A Path to Recovery
Senior level executive woman in corporate America
- Ixiim Flores, Diversity Initiatives Director, Wells Fargo Bank
- Jennifer Harris, Sacramento Home Loan Counseling Center
Individual/organization lighting the way for others, mentoring or volunteering in the community
- RoLanda Wilkins, Center for Community Health & Well-Being
- Jan Adrian, Healing Journeys
- Cheree Love, Response Medical Staffing
- Christine Weske, Sacramento Children’s Home Board
ACHIEVEMENT AGAINST ALL ODDS
Business woman achieving success despite unfavorable circumstances
- Carol Burger, Burger Rehabilitation Systems, Inc.
- Julia Chubb, Sacramento Children’s Home
- Ava Williams, CRISARA Creative Therapy, LLC
Business Woman of the Year
- Erin Chargin, Learning Solutions Kids, Inc.
- Jennifer Kaye, Plastic Package, Inc.
- Pamela Marrone, Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc.
On behalf of all members of NAWBO-Sacramento Valley, we would like to thank all our generous sponsors that made this year’s event a success:
- Wells Fargo Bank (Gold)
- Comstock’s (Gold)
- AT&T (Silver)
- SMUD (Small Business)
- C.C. Myers Inc. (Small Business)
- Kitty O’Neal and KFBK (for joining us as Mistress of Ceremonies & promoting our event On-Air)
- IKEA (for all the wonderful decorations & staging)
- Riverview Media Photography (for at-event photography)
- Debbie Freeman, Cybertary (for administrative assistance & coordinating check-in)
- Wallrich Landi (for PR & Marketing)
We would also like to thank our fabulous OWL Committee who worked so hard to pull it all off:
- Rosanna Garcia, Garcia Realty (Event Chair)
- Teri Crisanty, Crisanty Designs
- Paula Lee, National Analytical Laboratories, Inc.
- Janet Pickel, Sentinel Technology Solutions, Inc.
- Gloria Robertson, Glorious Basket Designs & Gifts
- Kim Silvers, Silvers HR Management, LLC